The Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts has launched a smart, timely, and helpful effort to encourage home care workers to vote this November 3 (and before). The alliance is a nonprofit trade association that represents home care agencies from Provincetown to the Berkshires – including Advanced Home Care Services.
The Alliance’s “Get Out the Home Care Vote Initiative” is a voluntary, nonpartisan effort that does not endorse any candidate or party. Its sole goal is to help ensure access and electoral participation for the home care industry and its workforce.
There are two main components:
- A poster that can be put up at agencies to remind employees of key election dates and deadlines. It also provides QR codes with links to register to vote. The poster can be printed on 11X17” or regular 8X11” paper.
- Email templates for agencies to use in communicating with their staff, since nurses and home care aides are often in the field and do not always come to the office to see a poster.
- October 17-30: early voting
- October 20: recommended deadline to request Mail in Voting
- October 24: deadline to register to vote
- November 3: Election Day
The Alliance urges us to remember that “There is power in numbers – and when we vote, we can shape the future of home care.”
Wise words! Let’s all vote, home care workers! It’s important, and it can make a difference in everyone’s lives.