Covid-19: What We’re Doing
We safeguard both our clients and our staff.
Throughout the COVID-19 public health emergency, Advanced Home Care Services has taken many steps to safeguard both our clients and our staff. With ongoing changes in guidance from state and national authorities, our team continues to stay on top of every update and adjust our policies as needed.
Meanwhile, here are some of the steps we have taken to deal with the crisis. Some of them go beyond the requirements of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- All caregivers wear face masks and gloves when visiting clients, and we provide them with sanitizers.
- We have an adequate supply of protective gear, including N95 masks and protective eyeglasses.
- Our employees adhere to the six-foot social distancing requirement whenever possible.
- All employees are constantly monitored for symptoms through Telehealth screenings conducted by our nurses or director.
- All employees receive initial and then regular training in infection control, including Universal Precautions.
- We follow all OSHA standards for disease control.
- We have created a special training program for home care aides who provide services to clients with the coronavirus.
- We rotate office members to limit the number of people working in the office at the same time.
Despite all the difficulties that the pandemic has caused, Advanced Home Care Services has continued operations at all times in order to serve the most needy members of our society. You can learn more by visiting our blog – just look for any post with the word “coronavirus” in the title.