In Home Cancer Care and Support
Helping our cancer clients live comfortably at home.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer and are undergoing treatment, in-home cancer care can provide needed support to help with general fatigue, nausea and vomiting, body weakness, changes in appetite, or even depression.
Advanced Home Care Services provides cancer care services to clients who may need help with in-home personal care and household tasks including:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including personal care – bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, transferring (getting in and out of bed or chair), eating, and continence of bladder and/or bowel.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) including – daily household tasks – light housekeeping, laundry (including changing bed linens), medication reminders, meal preparation, shopping and transportation.
Our trained Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and Home Health Aides (HHAs) can help with many of the following cancer support challenges:
- Transportation: Our trained caregivers can assist with transportation to and from treatment appointments.
- Companionship: The recovery period can be challenging for many cancer patients, and a professional caregiver can provide emotional and social support. Caregivers can offer companionship, assist in arranging social activities, and provide emotional support to alleviate feelings of loneliness, depression, and anxiety.
- Nutritional Support:A healthy diet is essential for cancer patients. Caregivers can help with meal preparation to ensure that the patient is consuming nutritious foods and staying hydrated.
- Respite Care: We can provide respite care for loved ones who may need a break from being the patient’s primary family caregiver. Whether you need coverage for just a few hours, a weekend, or more, our CNAs and HHAs can give you peace of mind so you can get the much-needed rest you need.
Living with a difficult disease like cancer is never easy. Advanced Home Care Services will make recovery and returning to active life a little easier.