Are you eligible for GAFC? We can find out – and arrange it too.
You May Not Have to Pay for Home Care
Massachusetts GAFC can pay for your services, if you qualify.
This program, administered by MassHealth, can help you get subsidized case management and home care services if you are eligible and live in GAFC-approved housing. Under this program, one of our Home Health Care Aides will help you with housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, bathing, companionship, and other needs.
Note: GAFC pays for the cost of personal care services, but it does not pay for room and board.
- We will assign a Registered Nurse and Case Manager to develop a customized care plan for you
- We will monitor your needs on an ongoing basis
- A Home Health Care Aide will deliver personal care and homemaking services in your residence
- We can help with medication management if you desire
- You will have 24/7 access to our services
To qualify, you must:
- be at least 22 years old
- live in an adequate GAFC-approved residence
- meet MassHealth’s income eligibility standard
- need assistance with one or more personal care tasks such as ambulation, bathing, dressing, grooming or meal preparation
- be screened and approved for the program
Yes! We will provide paperwork and guide you through every step in the application process, including determining whether you are eligible. Once you are accepted, we will manage your program for the duration of the services that we provide, and a dedicated case management team will check in regularly to meet your needs.