Fall in Massachusetts is simply smashing, wouldn’t you agree? The colorful leaves provide a beautiful backdrop to a fun and festive time of year. And the crisp air is a welcome relief to the warmer summer months. While there are countless ways for seniors to enjoy the fall, we’ve picked a few easy fall activities with them in mind.
We Hope You Enjoy These Easy Fall Activities for Seniors!
- Make festive seasonal treats: baking, mixing up all the ingredients and getting creative in the kitchen are fun activities that many older adults will enjoy.
- Visiting a pumpkin patch is a great way to get involved in the Halloween spirit. Choose your own pumpkin to decorate, carve or bake. There’s always something special about the smells and tastes of the season.
- Fall is the perfect time for planting. Air temperatures are dropping, but the soil is still nice and warm for many plants.
- Making and putting up fun decorations is a nice way to mark the change of seasons and get in the mood for fall holidays.
- Fall is a wonderful time to enjoy nature and go for a walk with your older adult.
The new season is the perfect time of year to reassess the changing needs of Mom and Dad. At Advanced Home Care Services, we are here to help with those needs by providing Massachusetts in-home senior care. We offer a comprehensive range of personal and companionship home care services for seniors including meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, errands, shopping, 24/7 emergency coverage and more. We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us today to schedule a free in-home senior care consultation. Happy Fall from the Advanced Home Care Services family to yours!